Famed composer Ramin Djawadi has today earned an Emmy® Award nomination for his exceptional musical work on the eighth and final season of HBO®‘s hit series Game of Thrones. His score for the season’s third episode “The Long Night” has been nominated in the category “Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Original Dramatic Score)”, which featured his epic 9-minute composition “The Night King“. The track went viral immediately after debuting on the show and has quickly become a fan-favorite.
“Composing for Game of Thrones has been a remarkable experience”, says Ramin. “It is hard to say goodbye after eight incredible seasons, but I am so proud of everything that the show, cast and crew have accomplished along the way. Being a part of this amazing journey has been an honor.”
Last year, Ramin secured two Emmy® Award nominations for both Game of Thrones and Westworld in the category “Outstanding Music Composition for A Series (Original Dramatic Score)” and won the award for his iconic musical work on Game of Thrones’ penultimate season seven episode “The Dragon and the Wolf”. To date, he has been nominated for an impressive seven Emmy® Awards and two GRAMMY® Awards.
Ramin’s critically acclaimed Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience will return this fall for a 21-city amphitheater tour, giving fans the perfect opportunity to relive the greatest musical pieces and footage from all eight seasons in brand new immersive concert experience. Ramin himself will make appearances at a handful of tour stops, including a special concert set for Monday, September 30th at Santa Fe Opera in Santa Fe, NM to benefit the Stagecoach Foundation, a nonprofit supported by Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin to help create career pathways for New Mexicans in the film and television industry. Both Martin himself and Raminwill host the event and hold a VIP meet & greet experience with fans prior to the show, and the evening will feature Ramin leading an orchestra and choir through fan-favorite musical arrangements from the entirety of the iconic series.
For a full list of tour dates and tickets please visit HERE.
Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience 2019 Tour Dates
- 9/5 – Syracuse, NY St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheater at Lakeview
- 9/6 – Toronto, ON – Budweiser Stage
- 9/8 – Chicago, IL – Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
- 9/10 – Boston, MA – Xfinity Center
- 9/11 – Hartford, CT – XFINITY Theatre
- 9/12 – Philadelphia, PA – The Mann
- 9/14 – New York, NY – Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater*
- 9/15 – Washington, DC – Jiffy Lube Live
- 9/17 – Virginia Beach, VA – Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater
- 9/18 – Raleigh, NC – Coastal Credit Union Music Park
- 9/20 – Jacksonville, FL – Daily’s Place
- 9/21 – West Palm Beach, FL – Coral Sky Amphitheatre
- 9/22 – Tampa, FL – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre
- 9/24 – Alpharetta, GA – Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
- 9/26 – Dallas, TX – The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- 9/27 – Houston, TX – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- 9/30 – Santa Fe, NM – Santa Fe Opera*
- 10/1 – Phoenix, AZ – Comerica Theatre
- 10/3 – San Francisco, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 10/4 – Irvine, CA – FivePoint Amphitheatre*
- 10/5 – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Bowl*
*Featuring Ramin Djawadi
About Ramin Djawadi
Ramin has won an Emmy Award® for Game of Thrones® season seven, and been nominated for seven Emmy® Awards and two GRAMMY® Awards for Game of Thrones (2018) and Iron Man (2009). Versatility has defined his career, from celebrated television scores for Game of Thrones, Westworld, Jack Ryan, and Prison Break to feature films such as A Wrinkle in Time, Mountain Between Us, Slender Man, The Great Wall, Pacific Rim, Iron Man and Clash of the Titans. Ramin has even composed scores for blockbuster video games including Medal of Honor, Gears of War 4 and the upcoming Gears of War 5. His entrancing and elegant compositions typically average over 3.5 million plays monthly on Spotify, while spawning countless viral covers and even topping Billboard’s Top Soundtracks chart. Ramin’s Game of Thrones albums have amassed over 450 million streams to date and have continued to shine as one of the most captivating scores in television history. Upcoming projects for Ramin include season two of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on Amazon, season three of Westworld, and Gears of War 5 among others.