Announced today, Paula Abdul, Rowan Blanchard, Sabrina Carpenter, Laverne Cox, Evan Goldberg, Jessie J, Xzibit and more will be joining Alessia Cara, Lily Collins, Bryan Cranston, Josh Gad, Tyrese Gibson, Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys, DJ Khaled, Demi Lovato, Miss Piggy along with other Muppets, Lilly Singh and other previously announced presenters, speakers and performers for WE Day California on April 27, 2017 at The “Fabulous” Forum.
WE Day, an international series of inspiring stadium-sized educational events, supported by National Co-Title Sponsors The Allstate Foundation and Unilever, will bring together 16,000 students, inspirational speakers and world-renowned performers to celebrate the students commitment to taking action on local and global societal issues such as bullying, clean water and poverty.
“I am so thrilled to join We Day again. It is always such an honor to appear in solidarity with teens, and to be able to share a stage with so many incredible voices united,” said actress and activist, Rowan Blanchard.
The full list of speakers, performers and presenters announced to date is available on the WE Day California event page. Newly announced names include:
- Paula Abdul (@PaulaAbdul) – American singer-songwriter, dancer, choreographer, actress and television personality
- Justin Baldoni (@justinbaldoni) – Actor, director and entrepreneur
- Chelsea Briggs (@Chelsea_Briggs) – YouTube creator, host
- Rowan Blanchard (@RowanBlanchard) – Actress and activist
- Sabrina Carpenter (@SabrinaAnnLynn) – Singer, songwriter and actress
- Laverne Cox (@Lavernecox) – Emmy nominated actress and Emmy winning producer
- CyreneQ (@cyreneq) – Snapchat artist
- Daveed Diggs (@DaveedDiggs) – Tony and Grammy winning actor, rapper and producer
- Daniel Fernandez (@Danfer22) – YouTube creator, magician
- Fozzie Bear – World’s funniest stand-up comic bear
- Giacomo Gianniotti (@GiacomoKG) – Actor, musician, writer, director and philanthropist
- Evan Goldberg – Screenwriter, producer and director
- Jessie J (@JessieJ) – Award-winning singer and songwriter
- Shonduras (@Shonduras) – Social media artist
- Statler and Waldorf – Professional hecklers
- The Tenors (@TenorsMusic) – Multi-platinum, Juno award winning recording artists
- Grace VanderWaal (@GraceVanderWaal) – Singer, songwriter and winner of America’s Got Talent
- Casey Veggies (@CaseyVeggies) – Rapper and songwriter
- Xzibit (@xzibit) – Multi–platinum rapper, actor, and record producer
More than a one-day event, WE Day is connected to the free, yearlong educational program WE Schools, providing schools and community groups with curriculum, educational resources and action campaigns. The program is designed to enhance a school’s existing social initiatives or spark new ones. WE Schools encourages students to further their curricular learning, develop life skills for success beyond the classroom and become change-makers in their communities.
In the 2015/2016 school year, students and teachers from across California participated in remarkable social change. Over 875,000 youth were inspired to take steps to improve the world through WE Schools, raising more than $825,500 in support of local and global organizations.
You can’t buy a ticket to WE Day—students earn their way by taking action on one local and one global cause of their choice. WE Day is free of charge to students and teachers, thanks to the generous support of National Co-Title Sponsors The Allstate Foundation and Unilever. The Allstate Foundation believes good starts young, and is committed to empowering America’s youth with the strength, confidence and leadership skills to step us as leaders and achieve success in their lives. Unilever is committed to creating a bright future for tomorrow’s leaders by encouraging everyone to take small steps toward making sustainable living commonplace.
WE Day is supported by Co-Chairs Stephanie Argyros, President and CEO, Argyros Group; Stephanie Swedlove and Jeff Skoll, Founder and Chairman, Participant Media and Chairman of the Skoll Foundation; Mike Cahill, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, City National Bank; and Earvin “Magic” Johnson, President of Basketball Operations, Los Angeles Lakers.
Anyone can find their place with WE and commit to making a change in the world. The first step is to take the WE Pledge atWE.org. By taking the pledge, participants are joining the WE Community and making a commitment to live WE every day. For every pledge taken on WE.org, $10 will be donated to local and global programs.
Stay connected on the latest news and updates on WE Day:
Visit our Media Center
About WE Day
WE Day is part of WE—an organization that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. A unique family of organizations, WE is made up of WE Charity, empowering change with resources that create sustainable impact, and ME to WE, a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences that allow people to do good through their everyday choices. The celebration of that change happens at WE Day—inspiring stadium-sized life-changing events that take place around the world. You can’t buy a ticket to WE Day—young people earn their entry by taking action on one local and one global cause. WE Day unites world-renowned speakers, presenters and award-winning performers with thousands of young people and families to celebrate and inspire another year of incredible change. This year alone over 200,000 young people will come together in 16 stadium gatherings across the U.S., Canada, and U.K. to take part in this unprecedented educational initiative.
A movement of 3.4 million young people supporting 2,500+ local and global causes, we’ve provided more than 1 million people with clean water and built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, giving more than 200,000 children access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by humanitarians, activists and social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the WE movement today at www.we.org.
About The Allstate Foundation